Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween... and OrEoS

For those that know me... Halloween is my favorite holiday. We go all out every year. My secret confession - I have more Halloween decorations then I do Christmas. On second thought, Josh has been collecting Christmas lights lately. I think he may have surpassed me in all my orange/black glory.
This year, we scrambled at the last minute to hit the traditional haunted houses. Life has gotten so busy! We made it out to Netherworld and it proved well worth it. Kayla and I both arranged babysitters and met up with our parents for a night of thrill seeking adventure. Josh actually got to come with us on this occasion so it was nice to have him there. We ate at the Cracker Barrell up the road and laughed while dad unintentionally flirted with our down-home southern waitress. Poor thing got the wrong idea, but she was super friendly and the extra attention she gave dad at least kept our drinks full!
Netherworld never ceases to amaze me. I definitely was not a fan at first being a Silo-X junkie from St. Louis but the last couple of years they've been pretty impressive. The costumes... amazing and so life-like. And I'll be the first to admit I screamed bloody murder in that haunted house. As customary, every single new set/room you walk in has someone hiding in it ready to make your blood curdle. Netherworld typically has tons of props and they, like the costumes, are just as life-like. I always see if I can find the "real" guy so when he jumps at me, I don't jump back. This year... every single time I was focusing on the fake one! It was so frustrating but again - IMPRESSIVE. I want to know where they get their material from. My retirement plans involve an all out haunted house... is that weird?!? We also made it out to Horror Hill in Newnan... let's just say it was more comical than scary. There was an insane asylum patient (character) running through the woods screaming "I poo-poo on your shoe-shoe!!" Yeah, shaking in my crapped on boots, folks. Let me tell ya.
We also carved pumpkins this year. Last year, Reid was too young to really get into it but this year proved more exciting for his little boy memories. He found that little pumpkin carving knife and started hacking away. We were over at a family friend's house and their little boy even jokingly stated... "I think Reid's going to grow up to be a murderer." No, seriously... Reid was really hacking at that thing! It was a little unnerving. He got me in the back once too and it hurt but fortunately the dull blade could not penetrate my tough skin! MUWAHAHWHAHA!
Last but not least... here's some hilarious pics of Reid eating oreos and milk. (I styled his hair that day...) It amazes me that kids just know you're supposed to separate the cookie and eat the icing first, then dip it in the milk, and chug it. Nabisco is purely human instinct, I swear it.


1 comment:

  1. Love the hair, and the haunted house reviews! Love hearing from you on your blog! It always makes me smile. love you, SHellie

    ReplyDelete